Enroling in Hastings Girls' High School
All students are encouraged to apply for enrolment regardless of their place of permanent residence. We are extremely hopeful that we will be able to accommodate all applicants.
• Applications close at 4.00pm on Friday 16 August 2019.
• Hastings Girls’ High School is likely to have 85 out of zone places available.
• The ballot for out of zone students will take place on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
• All successful applicants will be notified by mail.
Constance Miller Academic - $1,000
Jean Kelt Sports Scholarship – $1,000
Jill Davidson Performing Arts – $1,000
Geraldine Travers Music Tuition – $250
Book a tour of the school
Dates to Remember
- Friday 16 August at 4.00pm - Enrolments close.
- Tuesday 5 November - Big Day Out, Year 8 students visit HGHS.
- Friday 30 August - Application forms for the above scholarships must reach the school.
- Monday 2 September - Applicants will be short-listed and advised of their interview time.
- Wednesday 4 September - Short-listed applicants will be interviewed during the afternoon at a time to be advised.
Hastings Girls' High School Zone
All students who live within the HOME ZONE described below shall be entitled to enrol at
Hastings Girls’ High School. The home zone’s boundaries are defined as the area bounded by
the following line:
- From Fernhill, following the Ngaruroro River to the Chesterhope Bridge
- South down Pakowhai Road (f rom Ngaruroro River to Karamu Stream), then following the Karamu Stream to where it intersects Karamu Road
- Karamu Road (south from Karamu Stream) into Karamu Road South to St Aubyn Street East
- East down St Aubyn Street East to Windsor Avenue
- South in Windsor Avenue to Heretaunga Street East
- East down Havelock Road to St Georges Road
- South along St Georges Road South to Te Aute Road
- West into Te Aute Road continuing to State Highway 2 at Paki Paki
- State Highway 2 f rom Paki Paki to Opapa including side roads as follows: Burma Road, Colin White Road, Poukawa Road, Douglas Road, Te Mahanga Road, Cohrs Road, Malcolm Road, Te Mahanga Settlement Road, Glenogle Road and Horonui Road
- Paki Paki township including Turamoe Road, Te Aute Road to Mutiny Road corner, Mutiny Road (from Te Aute Road to Stock Road) and Stock Road (from State Highway 2 to Mutiny Road)
- Following Paki Paki Road North, continuing into Maraekakaho Road
- West into York Road
- North on to the Expressway
- From the Expressway into Omahu Road to the Ngaruroro Bridge on SH50 at Fernhill
Proof of residence within the home zone may be required.
OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS
- First priority: This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Second priority will be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority will be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the Board of the school or a child of a member of the Board of the school.
- Sixth priority will be given to all other applicants.
- Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
- If there are more applicants in the f irst, second, third, fourth or f ifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11 G(1) of the Education Act 1989.