HGHS Guidance Counsellor / Social Worker - Job Description AA
The Principal or as delegated to the Learning Support Coordinator
Relating To And Communicating With:
Senior Leadership Team, Learning Support Coordinator, House Deans, Academic Deans, Heads of Departments, Careers Adviser / Colleagues, Students / Parents / Outside Support Agencies Wider School Community, Contributing Schools
- To work with Senior Leadership Team, Guidance Network, and Akina Learning Coaches to support the pastoral care system to meet both the needs of the pupils and the school.
- To provide confidential counselling and guidance opportunities to students.
- To act as a resource person for staff especially House Deans, students and their parents/caregivers.
- To assist with staff development and training in the area of pastoral care
- To liaise with the Learning Support Coordinator where appropriate, contributing schools, training providers and relevant outside agencies as appropriate.
- To act as an agent for positive change, within the school community.