2020 Course Selection
The 2020 updated information is available in the links below.
Once Benchmark Exams are over, girls are in a better place to start selecting 2020 subjects. This year our Option Book will be available electronically on our website or via a link in our School App. A hard paper copy will be available for those unable to view the electronic copy.
Year level meetings will be held to explain to girls what new courses are available for 2020, how subject selections will be made and what guidance or advice is available to students. We will also hold a subject information session on 12 September, at HGHS, for students and whānau to meet with specialist teachers, to help in the decision making process.
Education Review Office (ERO)
ERO evaluates and reports on the education and care of children and young people in early childhood services and schools.
In 2019 HGHS staff, community and students reviewed our reporting and parent hui system to look at how we as a school can better work in partnership with families to support your daughters' learning.
The review highlighted the need for us to have more checkpoint information for parents both on how your daughters' are managing their work as well as their academic information. To this end we will be sending out more regular information to Junior students and their families and more NCEA summary sheets to senior students and their families. Full written reports will also come out as indicated below.
If you are unable to access your daughter's report online as above please ring or come into the school office and we will post you a copy or print it for you to collect.
The review also highlighted the need for us to give time for students studying at NCEA levels to set goals and for parents to meet teachers to share information and strategies.
Please see below the key dates for your diary for reports and hui this year:
- Contact with parents through email/ Year 9 BBQ
- Progress report on Yr 9 and 10 and Key Competencies - due March 12th
- Written reports for Juniors - Due Weds 24th June
- Parent Hui Weds 1st July
- Progress Check report - Key Competencies Mid August
- Written reports Juniors - Dec 3rd
- Contact home via email sharing course outlines and introducing teacher
- Goal setting/NCEA Workshops Day - Thursday March 19th 9-3pm
- Progress Reports due April 8th
- Senior Reports Due 26th MayNCEA Progress Credit tracking sheet 26th May and 26th June
- NCEA Tracking sheet week 5 Report 24th September
- Parent Hui week 9 post benchmarks - Date TBC
- NCEA Progress sheet week 1