HASTINGS GIRLS' HIGH SCHOOL
Nau mai, haere mai ki te kura o Hastings Girls' High school
Here at Hastings Girls’ High School, each girl takes centre stage as we shape her educational experience to best meet her learning needs.
Choosing the right school for your daughter is about finding the place that encourages her to be her best self. Join us on this educational journey in building resilient, strong, confident and connected life-long learners. Working together, we value the relationships between students, school and whanau. We continually strive to strengthen these relationships to ensure the best possible learning outcomes for our young women of today.
We are proud to be the largest girls’ school in the wider Hastings district that consistently achieves academic results above the national average. Our curriculum provides a vast array of learning opportunities responding to the individual needs of every student. Girls are inspired to be kind, respectful, and to succeed in every endeavour.
You will be welcomed to a school that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusiveness and has a rich and valued history. In knowing our girl and supporting her in her learning today, she will be best prepared for her tomorrow.
Our Open Evening will give you the opportunity to view our facilities, learn about our course structures and the sporting and cultural opportunities provided by our school. You will be able to talk to students and staff.
If you are unable to attend our Open Evening please contact the school office to arrange an alternative time to visit. Our Principal, Catherine Bentley, welcomes all opportunities to meet prospective parents and students.
We are always keen to take the opportunity to talk to you about the special values of a girls’ school.
International and local research supports our belief that in girls’ schools:
- A curriculum that suits girls means that girls are more engaged in their education.
- Girls are encouraged to explore all career options. Gender stereo-typing in subject selection is eliminated and excellence can be celebrated wholeheartedly.
- Cultural and sporting activities solely for girls’ needs means that every girl has the opportunity to develop her talents and interests.
- More leadership roles for girls allowing younger girls to learn that girls can lead in any field.
- We look forward to meeting you.
NB: Applications for enrolment close at 4.00pm on Friday 16 August 2019