Term Two Week 2
Strike Action Reminder
Due to Strike Action, the following year groups are rostered home next week:
Tuesday 9 May - Year 12
Wednesday 10 May - Whole School
Thursday 11 May - Year 13
Tuesday 16 May - Year 9
Wednesday 17 May - Year 10
Our school library will be available for students to study.
We are starting our Breakfast Club this coming Monday in T2. Use the door on the field side. Christina and Fale will be there from 8am, Monday-Friday.
Reminder: Year 11 Students, Tuesday 9 May. Please meet in the Hall promptly at 10.15am. Our buses will be waiting to take you to Futureopoly in Napier. This is a great opportunity for our students to explore vocational pathways within our region.
Bus Bay Reminder
Reminder when you are picking up or dropping off your student, please do NOT park in the bus bay. It is not only dangerous to our students but also yourself.
Pasifika Poetry Readings
On Monday 8 May we have 6 of our Pasifika students reading their published works. This will be held in the Library at lunchtime. All welcome.
If you haven't yet had the chance to read the updated 2023 Bylaws, please make sure that you are familiar with these.
Job Vacancies - Service Assistants Required in our Kitchen
Service Assistants required for Lunch in Schools Programme.
• 40 hours per week or 20 hours per week
• Term time only - school holidays off!
• Hours: 7 am until 3 pm
• Fun working environment
• Great longer-term, secure employment
• Preparing, plating and packing our girls and Mahora School
• Transporting food
• Serving students - we do some hot meals and some cold lunches
• Maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen
• Adhering to our food safety plan
You will need:
• To enjoy interacting with young people
• To be a team player with good work ethic
• Previous food handling experience ideal
• A Full Driver's Licence would be an advantage
• To be a good communicator
• Ability to lift up to 10 kgs
• The capability to work in a standing position for an extended period
• Reliable transport
• Flexibility to work in different roles and locations
• Eligibility to work in NZ, have NZ residency or hold a valid NZ work permit to apply for this role and be able to pass a Ministry of Justice Check, along with a Police Vetting Vulnerable Children’s Check. You must also provide two forms of identification.
Senior Visual Arts Trip
Our Senior Visual Arts students went to the Hastings City Art Gallery to view the NZQA Top Art Exhibition last Friday.
It was a great opportunity to see the top portfolios (external assessment exemplars) from last year.
School to Skies
In the April holidays, Dunisha Sandhu, Year 13 went on the NZ Defence Force 'School to Skies' programme. This is a week long camp for Year 13 wahine interested in Science, Engineering and Technology. Dunisha got the chance to explore the many different roles in the aviation field and did everything from fixing aircraft to planning a flight mission. She has always wanted to become a pilot and knows now that this is the right pathway for her.
Football Boot Donations
Do you have any football or rugby boots laying around that they no longer use?? If so they would be greatly received by our students. These can be dropped to the Student Centre any time during the school day.
A big thank you to Apollo Projects!
Thank you to @apolloprojectsnz from our Ki-o-Rahi team! We are so grateful for all your support and the difference it makes to our rangatahi and sports teams!
Netball Grading Draw
Keep up-to-date with all school activities by checking the calendar regularly.