Covid-19 Update

Kia ora everyone

As I write this, we are uncertain of what announcements will be made tonight or over the course of the weekend. Should Hawke's Bay be a part of a decision to return to Level 3 or 4 we have a plan in place. Since returning to school from Lockdown, we have focused our efforts on preparing for the possibility of moving back up the levels. Students have kept their loaned devices, and teaching and learning continues to be both face-to-face, as well as through our well established online learning platforms. 

As always, your daughter's Hauora remains our priority and Akina Coaches have reminded girls about how to remain in contact via Seesaw. Important schoolwide messages will also be sent though this platform. The Senior Progress Hui has provided time for students and whānau to clarify individual learning plans for students working towards NCEA qualifications and identify further support the school could provide. This week, we have made the most of the opportunity to complete practical assessments and finish off any assessments already scheduled. Subject Teachers have also had conversations with students about next steps and how to best work remotely in their subject area, should the need arise. 

Junior whānau teachers are collaborating to streamline learning and communication to junior students, should we revert to distance learning. This will ensure a reduced number of emails and alerts and greater clarity for students.

Please email me at admin@hastingsgirls.com to advise that you are an essential worker and to let me know which day/s your daughter will be at school at Level 3. Please also let us know if you require bus services.

It is important for us all to look after our Hauora and continue to be kind to each other. Our girls continue to impress us with their positive attitude and approach to taking challenges in their stride. 

He waka eke noa 

Ngā mihi

Catherine Bentley


This product has been added to your cart