Timetable for Term Two
Please note that your timetables start at Week 1 in Term Two.
Year 12 please check new timetables for Careers slots, starting week 1 or week 2. You need to go to the sessions in the room on your timetable for the 4 weeks allocated.
Sideline behavior for winter Sports
With winter sport just around the corner, we thought it would be a timely reminder to refresh our sporting community with support & education around sideline behavior when supporting our HGHS teams. Here are some top tips for supporters and please see attached for the Respect Code of Conduct that sets our expectations at the start of the season:
- Respect the coaches - they are there to help your child enjoy the sport.
- Let the coaches coach - yelling instructions from the sideline can be distracting and confusing for your child.
- Keep things in perspective - They are kids, the coaches and officials are human, and are volunteers.
- Respect all referees and officials - Without them volunteering, there would be no game for your child to play.
- Praise their effort - No child makes mistakes on purpose, focus on the positives and that they play to have fun.
- Be their biggest fan - Help them see the bigger picture, making mistakes is ok and part of their development.
- Be encouraging and let them lead the conversation - ask questions such as "Did you have fun", "What did you enjoy", "Is there anything you would like to improve on"
Let's work together to make sure all youth have a positive experience on the sports fields.
Additional resources available here:
Click here for more Parenting Top Tips from Wayne Goldsmith: https://wgcoaching.com/help-ch...
Click here for information on Balance is Better from Sport New Zealand regarding advice for parents, coaches, teachers and administrators of sport: https://balanceisbetter.org.nz..
The Uniform Shop has moved to a new location: Unit 2/304 Eastbourne Street West, Hastings.
Shop hours for Term Two (3 May - 8 July)
- Monday to Thursday 3.00pm - 5.30pm
Friday and Saturday closed - except as per below:
- Saturday, 1 May from 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Saturday, 8 May from 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday, 15 May from 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday, 12 June from 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday, 3 July from 10:00am – 1:00pm
For Information please follow this link
International Firefighters Day Tuesday 4th May
Napier and Hastings Fire Station invite you to come chalk the walk for our firefighters.
Grab a piece of chalk and come and write a message to our firefighters. Chalk will be provided.
Safety Notice - Please remember that our Fire Stations are operational. If you hear the alarm bells go off and the doors begin to raise, please promptly move clear out of the way so our firefighters can go save the day.