Week 3 Term Three
Benchmark Exam Information
- Click here to download the UPDATED Benchmark Exam timetable. Check when and where your exam is taking place, as there have been changes (subject codes are the first three letters of that subject).
- There is no study leave during Benchmark Exams. When not writing an exam, you must be in one of the classrooms shown on your exam timetable for that day and block. To select a study space click here.
- Ākina will be at the start of the day. Ensure you are marked present before going to your exam.
- There is no exam on during Block 3 on Thursday so all senior students may go home.
Library study space for seniors
The library will be open as a study space for seniors only next week. Junior students requiring resources, will need to make arranges through a teacher or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Golden Rules of Exams
- Arrive early
Ensure you are at your exam venue (the hall) 20 minutes before your exam.
Check the notice board.
Check you have the correct gear. You may have a water bottle, pens, calculator (if appropriate) and your NCEA student card on your desk.
- Only bring what you need
Bags are to be left in the hall foyer.
Leave your valuables at home or at the student centre for safe keeping.
Cell phones or Smart Watches are not permitted in the exam venue.
- Log in to NCEA online
Use the information on your NCEA student card to access up-to-date information including results and entries click here.
- Silence in, silence out
Respect your fellow ākonga and enter and leave the exam venue in silence. If writing an exam, you MUST stay in the venue for at least an hour - after that, you can raise your hand, be excused and move to your study area.
Remain calm and raise your hand if you need assistance.
Pathway Hui Day - Friday 20 August
Year 10, 11 and 12 students will be participating in Pathway Hui day. This is important as it helps with subject selection, and provides an opportunity for students to find out more about courses before making important decisions for 2022. Senior courses information is available here.
During Ākina time next week students will work with their Ākina Coach to plan how to spend the day. All students will have a Pathway Hui card to record this information.
On Friday at the start of the day students are to go to Ākina time and collect their Pathway Hui card, before going straight to the hall. During blocks 1 and 2, students will record conversations with subject teachers on their Pathway Hui card. Then students will need to hand in their completed card at the Student Centre.
Year 11, 12 and 13's, and can leave after block 2.
Year 10s stay for the remainder of the day as per their timetable.
Uniform on Loan
Please can you return sandals and shoes that have been borrowed from the Student Office. It is important that your student has the correct uniform and also wears them correctly. Sandals need to have the backs up please.
The School Council has an exciting competition for girls wearing 100% Uniform. Watch this space.
Ākina Voices in action
Last Friday our wonderful Akina Voices Choir? performed for the residents at Gracelands Rest home.
Thank you to our sponsor Apollo Projects
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank Apollo Projects for their support by sponsoring our upcoming Sports Exchange in Term 4. On Wednesday 17 November, Gisborne Girls High School will be hosting HGHS in a Sports Exchange competing in 3 sports for the Barclay trophy - this year it's Rugby Sevens, Ki o Rahi and Netball.
The Barclay trophy was donated by our Sports Captain of 2019, Holly. It was her idea to start this exchange and it's great to see this event growing each year. Thanks to Apollo Projects, this years' event will mean no cost for our girls and no financial pressure on any of our whānau. We are so grateful for this opportunity and partnership between HGHS and Apollo Projects.
A big thanks to FRESHCO
A big thanks to Freshco who donated 12 cases of primo apples for our students. Freshco are about to start providing free meals for their staff in a similar way to what we do here for our students.
If anyone needs permanent or casual work, Freshco are always looking for workers so them a call or email Greig at email@example.com.
Saturday 14th August
Junior netball at Mitre10 Park (Sports Park)
- HGHS Junior A vs NGHS 10A1 @ 10am (Court7)
- HGHS Nikau vs vs Taradale Junior Mixed @ 10am (Court9)
- HGHS Kahikatea vs SHC Junior Red @ 10am (Court18)
- HGHS Junior B vs Iona Junior C @ 8am (Court13)
- HGHS Manuka vs Taikura Juniors @ 8am (Court11)
- HGHS Kowhai vs Te Ara Hou1 @ 8am (Court16)
Senior netball at Mitre10 Park (Sports Park)
- HGHS Senior B vs NGHS Senior B @ 11am (Court6)
- HGHS Kakapo vs Hukarere Senior Mix @ 8am (Court17)
- HGHS Takahe vs HGHS Kereru vs @ 9am (Court16)
Monday 16th August
Junior Basketball at Hastings Sports Centre
- HGHS Junior vs HCS @ 7.05pm (Court2)
Tuesday 17th August
Senior netball (Super12) at Pettigrew Green Arena
- HGHS Senior A vs NGHS Senioer A @ 5.30pm (Court2)
Premier Women basketball at Hastings Sports Centre
- HGHS vs Horizons @ 6.30pm (Court1)
Wednesday 18th August
Football at 4pm
- DRAW TBC
Thursday 19th August
1st XI Hockey
- DRAW TBC
- DRAW TBC
Friday 20th August
Super8 netball at Pettigrew Green Arena
- HGHS Senior A vs Outkast Sports: RDCL @ 6pm (Court2)
Click hereto see the school calendar.