All HGHS students involved in PA groups are reminded that academic achievement is our highest priority. Performing is not a right, it is a privilege. All students involved with PA groups are expected to attend school with a positive attitude and committed effort towards their studies. HGHS Performing Arts is built upon mutual respect for all, every interaction in our programme will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
This guideline is to provide a tool for teachers in charge (TICs), directors, and tutors to use when considering students for performances. The following things should be taken into consideration, but not limited to:
- students should have an acceptable school attendance level in order to perform.
- students should be attending rehearsals (unless a valid reason is provided e.g. tangi, or the student only able to attend one rehearsal per week due to sport training commitments).
- students' Performing Arts fees should be paid. We also have a financial grant available that students can apply for, so fees should not be an issue.
- students should be communicating with their TICs, directors, and tutors if they cannot make it to rehearsal or performances. They should not be relying on other students to pass on these messages. The student must take responsibility for themselves.
- students' behaviour both within school and at performances should be acceptable at all times.
As a HGHS student I will:
- Enjoy rehearsing, have fun and participate in performances
- Respect all tutors, peers, supporters and collaborators
- Commit to every rehearsal and performance that I am selected for
- Work as hard as I possibly can in everything that I do
- Be punctual to every rehearsal and performance
- Ensure I wear the costume that I have been requested to wear
- Communicate directly with my tutor/TIC if I am unable to attend rehearsals or performances
- Represent my school with the utmost pride, dignity, honesty and loyalty
- Never give up
- I agree to my photo being used for publicity purposes
- I agree to my name, phone number and address being shared with my tutor
- I agree to follow the school code of conduct at all times
- I give consent for my child to participate in Performing Arts groups for Hastings Girls' High School
- I understand all fees are payable prior to participation. Non-refundable
- I agree to ensure my daughter will adhere to their above contract
- I understand that I am required to collect/arrange collection from rehearsals and performance events that are outside school hours