Private one-to-one tuition is recommended for students who:
- have had 2 years or more instrumental experience
- are at a Grade 2 proficiency level
- are doing a NCEA Level 2 or 3 Music Course
Lessons are given by our team of highly experienced and respected private tutors on school campus and during school hours.
Fees and payment for private tuition is organised directly with the tutor. Each tutor will have a different schedule of fees according to their level of training and expertise. As an approximate guideline, fees range from $40 - $50 per hour.
Lesson lengths offered are:
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
To Enquire About Private Tuition
Please email Head of Performing Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Music Extension Scholarship Programme
Hastings Girls' High School offers a scholarship programme for a select number of students who have:
- demonstrated high level of instrumental skill
- excellent attendance
- outstanding commitment to personal development and practice
- enrolled in an NCEA Music Course
- participated in a HGHS performance group
The scholarship pays for one year of private tuition (30 minutes weekly lesson) and instrument hire.
Scholarship applicants need to fill in an application. This will be followed by a meeting between whānau, student, and Head of Performing Arts.