Teacher Only Day
Next Wednesday 24 August is a nationwide Secondary Schools, Teacher Only Day. This has been set aside to support teachers with the implementation of the changes to NCEA and the wider strengthening of place based curriculum. If a student requires supervision, please contact their House Dean. All students are encouraged to work from home.
HGHS Clothes Swap
On Friday 26 August we will be holding a clothes swap. This is an opportunity to donate your clothes and for fellow students to find some new ones. You will be able to drop off clothes from Monday 15 August until Thursday 25 August in the Hall changing rooms before school, during morning tea, and at lunchtime. The Community Committee girls will be there to collect and look after the donations. Students, Staff, and Whānau are all invited to donate.
Ball Attire for Clothes Swap
This year we are on a special lookout for ball attire (formal dresses, jumpsuits, or suits) for girls attending the ball. These items will be able to be viewed by Year 12 & Year 13 students by booking a time slot on Friday 26 August to view the clothes and try them on privately. If you have formal wear you’d like to donate but don’t have a child at HGHS to bring it in or are a student who’d like to book a private time slot, please email email@example.com.
Benchmark Examinations for Senior Students
- Subject teachers will confirm with students whether an exam is scheduled for that week.
- All senior students must attend school every day as a supervision programme will be in place for them to continue their mahi when they are not writing an exam.
- Any students who miss these examinations due to a justified absence will be provided with alternative assessments at a later date in the term by arrangement with their teachers.
- A full examination timetable will be circulated next week.
Tickets for our Senior Ball will be on sale next week from the Student Centre. Year 12 and 13s will receive an email early next week with details of cost, venue, date and our school expectations. Please read the information carefully and complete the attached information sheet.
Me te Whānau NCEA Workshop
Nei rā te mihi karanga ki a koutou te whānau o tō tātou kura, nau mai, haere mai, whakarauika mai rā…
I would like to invite you to come and be part of an awesome opportunity we have for whānau to learn about NCEA and get some tips and tricks from NZQA on how you can support your tamaiti to succeed in school.
Details for the workshop are as follows:
Date: Monday 26 September
Venue: Hastings Girls’ High School
The workshop will cover the following topics, please see attached flyer for more information:
- How NCEA works
- NCEA endorsements and how to get them
- University Entrance (UE) and how to achieve it
- Choosing NCEA subjects and creating career pathways
- The importance of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) subjects
- How you can support your tamaiti to succeed
If you have any questions please send the team a message through the Facebook event below:
We look forward to seeing you there, Christian Pera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important Sports Information
With winter sport tournament week around the corner (Week 6), and Term 4 sports approaching us, there are a few things that everyone needs to be aware of regarding Sports at HGHS. Any general enquiries please contact Mr T at: email@example.com
- Sports guidelines & Code of Conduct: please click here for more details: https://www.hastingsgirls.com/...
- Sports grant: there is a sports grant available - students and whānau can apply for financial assistance with HGHS sports fees. Click here to apply: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/f...
- If you're interested in playing sports in Term 4, please complete the Expressions of Interest link if you haven't already done so: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/f...
- If you're interested in assisting with sports as a Coach or Manager (also open to non-HGHS staff members), please complete the Volunteer Expression of Interest link here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/f...
Tuesday 23 August
Super 12 Netball Finals at Pettigrew Green Arena
HGHS Senior A vs NGHS Senior A at 7pm
Wednesday 24 August
Tohea Trophy netball tournament at Raureka School
Note: HGHS will provide 4x student umpires to assist with their netball tournament from 9.30am - 1.30pm
Wednesday 24 August
Football at 4pm
HGHS 1st XI vs NGHS 3rd XI @ HGHS
HGHS 2nd XI vs CHB 1st XI @ CHB
Thursday 25 August
Hawkes Bay Secondary School Badminton Championship at Hastings Sports Centre
Note: a number of HGHS girls will play in the tournament that will run from 9am until 2.30pm.
Thursday 25 August
East Coast North Island Road Race at Frimley Park
Note: a number of HGHS girls will compete in the Road Race event
Friday 26 August
Senior A netball preparation game at HGHS gym
HGHS Senior A vs Hawkes Bay Senior Women
Note: due to limited spectator space, no spectators are permitted
Wednesday 24 August - Teacher Only Day - Accord
Wednesday 24-26 August - Year 12/13 Te Reo Māori Wellington Trip
Monday 29 August - Benchmark Examinations
Monday 29 August - Tournament Week
Monday 5-9 September - Tongan Language Week
Friday 9 September - Geography Research Assessment
Monday 12-18 September - Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori
Wednesday 14 September - Performing Arts Festival